1. Unit 8 Lớp 12 Speaking Task 1
Look at the newspaper cuttings from the future, and say what will have happened by the end of the 21st century.
(Hãy nhìn vào những mẩu báo của tương lai rồi nói về những điều sẽ diễn ra vào cuối thế kỉ thứ 21.)
CHINESE ASTRONAUTS LAND ON MARS 25th Octorber, 2099
NEW MOON CITY OPENED
The third city on the moon was declared open yesterday.
The new city has a population of over 200,000 people 16th May, 2089
THE COLD WAS ENDS
Scientists have found a cure for the common cold. 4th September, 2099
150th BIRTHDAY PARTY Oldest world citizen celebrated
her 150th birthday yesterday. 2th July, 2087
HOLIDAY RESORT ON JUPITER
Vietnam tourism welcomes the fiftieth holiday-maker back from Jupiter. 12th April, 2098
CAR ON SEA WATER
At last, the first car running on sea water was finish yesterday. 9th August, 2087
Lưu ý: Chúng ta nên sử dụng thì tương lai hoàn thành để nói về những việc sẽ diễn ra trong tương lai
- Tóm tắt thì tương lai hoàn thành
Form (Công thức):
S + will + have + V-ed/III
S + will (not) + have + V-ed/III
Will + S + have + V-ed/III?
Signal words (Nhận biết)
by + thời gian trong tương lai
by the end of + thời gian trong tương lai
by the time …
before + thời gian trong tương lai
Guide to answerVí dụ
- I will have finished my report by the end of this month.
- My father will not have come home by 9 pm this evening
- Will your parents have come back Vietnam before the summer vacation?
- By the end of the 21st century, Chinese autronausts will have landed on Mars. (Cuối thế kỷ thứ 21, những phi hành gia Trung Quốc sẽ đặt chân lên sao Hỏa.)
- By the end of the 21st century, the third city on the moon will have been declared open. (Cuối thế kỷ thứ 21, thành phố thứ ba trên mặt trăng sẽ tuyên bố mở cửa.)
- By the end of the 21st century, scientists will have found a cure for the common cold. (Cuối thế kỷ thứ 21, những nhà khoa học sẽ tìm ra cách chữa trị cảm cúm thông thường.)
- By the end of the 21st century, the oldest world citizen will have celebrated her 150th birthday. (Cuối thế kỷ thứ 21, công dân lớn tuổi nhất hành tinh sẽ tổ chức sinh nhật thứ 150)
- By the end of the 21st century, Vietnam tourism will have welcomed the fiftieth holiday-marker back from Jupiter. (Cuối thế kỷ thứ 21, du lịch Việt Nam sẽ chào đón đoàn du lịch nghỉ mát thứ 50 trở về từ sao Mộc.)
- By the end of the 21st century, the first car running on sea water will have been finished. (Cuối thế kỷ thứ 21, chiếc xe hơi chạy trên nước đầu tiên sẽ hoàn thành.)
2. Unit 8 Lớp 12 Speaking Task 2
Work in pairs. Which of these predictions are likely/unlikely to happen? Give at least two reasons for each. (Làm việc theo cặp. Trong những dự báo này, cái nào có khả năng xảy ra/không có khả năng xảy ra? Nêu ít nhất là hai lý do.)
developments in science and technology
living standards improved
cures for fatal diseases found
Guide to answer
- I think it’s very unlikely that by the end of the 21st century Chinese astronauts will have landed on Mars, because it is too far from the earth.
- I think it’s likely that people will be living longer thanks to improved living standards and to the inventions of modern and effective medicines and cures.
- I think it’s unlikely that by the end of the 21st century people will be living to the age of 100 or more, even to 150, because there will be more and more fatal and dangerous diseases and the living environment will be more toxic and harmful for man. What’s more it is the threat of terrorism.
- In my opinion, it’s unlikely man will travel to Mars or Jupiter by the end of the 21st century, because at present man cannot know for sure anything about these planets and they are very far from our earth and loo costly as well.
3. Unit 8 Lớp 12 Speaking Task 3
Work in groups. Make some more predictions about what life will be like one hundred years from now.
(Làm việc theo nhóm. Hãy đưa ra một vài dự đoán về cuộc sống trong một trăm năm nữa.)
Guide to answer
- A. I think it’s very likely that life will be easier and more comfortable one hundred years from now thanks to the great developments in Science and technology.
- B. But the living environment will be much worse because of the growing rate of pollution, unless there are no appropriate measures for it.
- C. What’s more man’s life is likely to set more unstable and at risk of being removed due to the unexpected changes of the earth’s climate. And the global warming has been becoming the most fatal threat 10 man with deadly burning-hot droughts and terrible floods in some parts in the world.
- D. Simultaneously, some seriously deadly diseases have happened such as AIDS, and diseases are threatening man’s life expectancy.
- A. Personally, in spite of the present underlying dangers, we are strongly confident that man’s life in hundred years from now will probably be much easier once the whole mankind is aware of the benefits of co-operating for the common good.